Users are created to provide access to the administration interface. User roles are assigned to users to provide them with the appropriate access for completing the tasks related to their particular business responsibilities. Refer to the roles and permissions guide for further information on roles.
Create a user¶
To create a user, first head to the User Management page on the administration interface and select the New button.
Fill in the fields on the New user screen using the fields described below:
The Role/s and Merchant fields below are critical for assigning correct access to the system.
We recommend that you review the roles and permissions guide before creating new users.
- Username - unique value assigned to the user that is used to login to the administration interface. Required
- First name - first name of the user. Required
- Last name - last name of the user. Required
- Email - valid email address of the user. This address will be used to send email notifications such as password resets or system notifications. Required
- Roles - multi select box for roles, which can be assigned to the user. Required
- Merchant - if the user roles assigned give the user scope over a single merchant, the user can be assigned an already created merchant to manage. If the user roles assigned give the user scope over all merchants or no merchants, this field does not need to be populated and will be unavailable to be select. Required
- Time zone - default time zone for the display of times and dates on administration interface. Required
- Status - system status of the user:
- Enabled - user can access administration interface functionality.
- Disabled - user disabled from accessing administration interface functionality.
A user requires the User admin role to create users.
View user details¶
A user's details can be accessed from the User Management page on the administration interface by selecting it from the list of users.
The number of users displayed can be limited by filtering using the following fields:
- Username - all or part of the username.
- Role(s) - drop down select for a single system role.
The result table will show Username, First name, Last name, Roles and Status details outlined above.
A user requires the User admin role to view user details.
Edit user details¶
There must always be one user in the system with the User Admin role. If editing a users details causes this check to fail, an error will occur.
A user requires the User admin role to edit user details.
Delete a user¶
To delete a user, first head to the User Management page on the administration interface. Filter the list to find the user and select the delete check box adjacent to the Username, in the search result table. Select the Delete button and confirm on the dialogue box.
There must always be at least one user in the system with the User Admin role. If deleting a user causes this check to fail, an error will occur.
A user requires the User admin role to delete users.